Facts About Senegal That makes It Special🇸🇳🇸🇳
1. Senegal is a country in West Africa known for it’s vibrant culture with over 20 ethnic groups.
2. The capital of Senegal is Dakar, which is the political and economic capital of Senegal and holds over 30 percent of Senegal’s total population.
3. Senegal has a Pink Lake.The lake contains high concentrations of salt and bacteria that can only survive under a particular condition and gives off a pink colour when absorbing sunlight, the uniqueness of the Pink Lake has attracted a lot of Tourists to the country.
4. Senegal boasts of beautiful colonial architecture, secluded beaches blessed with world famous surf breaks,and wildlife.
5. Senegal’s biggest export are peanuts and fish.
6. In 2026, Senegal will be the first African country to host the Olympics.
7. One of Africa’s most famous dish jollof rice originated from the Wolof tribe of Senegal during the 14th-16th century.
8. The Senegalese flag has green,yellow and red vertical stripes with a central green star. These are Pan-African colours with green(along with the stars)representing hope and the country’s major religion(Islam),yellow representing the riches and wealth obtained through labour and red representing the struggle for Independence, Life and Socialism.